Aviation Projects recently assisted Gladstone Airport Corporation with their successful applications in round one of the Regional Airports Program Grants. In the 2019-20 Budget the Australian Government committed $100 million over four years to provide assistance to the owners of regional airports to undertake essential works, promoting aviation safety and access for communities.
Aviation Projects identified the benefits in separating each of the works required to be completed at Gladstone Airport into individual applications to provide the best opportunity for all applications to be awarded.
Aviation Projects tailored persuasive applications to include:
- Demonstrated need for the project
- Capacity, capability, and resources available to deliver the project
- Impact and benefit of receiving grant funding for the project
Gladstone Airport Corporation was successful in all three applications, with the capital grants being distributed to the following projects:
- Drainage works - $722,372.00
- Resealing and redesign of the northern apron, line marking - $876,121.00
- Rejuvenation of runway - $136,750.00
The grants will ensure Gladstone Airport Corporation can complete necessary runway rejuvenation and upgrade works to continue to provide high quality facilities and infrastructure to the users of Gladstone Airport. This will put the airport in a good position as the industry progresses out of the COVID-19 downturn.
For assistance with planning and writing your application for relevant funding please contact us.