Aviation Projects has provided assistance to the Wagner Group from the initial planning approval through to the construction and operation of Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport and continues to provide valuable ongoing advice and support.
Aviation Projects provided expert advice and guidance on a range of matters including the preparation of initial demand forecasts and scope of aircraft operations, concept layouts, concept airspace and aircraft flight paths and consideration of various other planning and operations matters. They have also provided advice on aeronautical infrastructure requirements and costs and operational advice on a variety of matters. Aviation Projects was able to assist with the introduction and ongoing operation of B747-800F aircraft by preparing a safety case that was approved by CASA.
Managing Director, Keith Tonkin, is thoroughly professional in all of his work and takes pride in providing a tailored solution that considers all aspects of a client’s strategic intent, including the short and long term implications of various recommended actions.
Aviation Projects has been integral to the success of our airport and continues to be a valued advisor to our business.
A strategic investigation is required for Lismore Regional Airport to establish future uses and growth opportunities across its business stimulating economic development. The investigation aims to evaluate existing Regular Public Transport (RPT) opportunities, including possible new routes, expansion of General Aviation presence in Lismore, freight and export opportunities as well as leveraging on existing growth in tourism and training.
The project description provided by Lismore City Council is to undertake a review of the capacity for Lismore Regional Airport to facilitate further operational use and identify the scope of passenger and freight logistics and provide associated business cases.
Work undertaken by Aviation Projects to achieve these goals included :
- Provide information on the current capacity for commercial passenger flights (RPT) at Lismore Airport include different options, alternative slots, airlines and routes
- Provide information on compliance changes in the management of Lismore Regional Airport if passenger flights no longer operated
- Provide information on the current capacity for commercial freight of the Lismore Regional Airport precinct and potential operators
- Provide information and insight into potential exporters in the Lismore and surrounding districts to their motivations to utilise a commercial air service
- Provide the basis for further in-depth quantitative research of potential businesses that would utilise the commercial freight from Lismore Regional Airport
- Provide information on the future capacity and development of general aviation at the Lismore Regional Airport precinct
- Provide information on the other potential airport uses such as training and tourism
- Provide business cases/plans (simple) for different airport scenarios (for example changed passenger carrier, additional passenger carriers, no passenger carriers, freight, general aviation, tourism and training)
- Provide information that could be utilised in the strategic and asset management plans of the Lismore City Council.