Aviation Projects has provided assistance to the Wagner Group from the initial planning approval through to the construction and operation of Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport and continues to provide valuable ongoing advice and support.
Aviation Projects provided expert advice and guidance on a range of matters including the preparation of initial demand forecasts and scope of aircraft operations, concept layouts, concept airspace and aircraft flight paths and consideration of various other planning and operations matters. They have also provided advice on aeronautical infrastructure requirements and costs and operational advice on a variety of matters. Aviation Projects was able to assist with the introduction and ongoing operation of B747-800F aircraft by preparing a safety case that was approved by CASA.
Managing Director, Keith Tonkin, is thoroughly professional in all of his work and takes pride in providing a tailored solution that considers all aspects of a client’s strategic intent, including the short and long term implications of various recommended actions.
Aviation Projects has been integral to the success of our airport and continues to be a valued advisor to our business.
MAIM LLB BA
Specialist Consultant - Legal and Commercial
Kassem brings diverse commercial law experience and insight to the aviation sphere.
He combines client-focused service and excellent communication skills to achieve desired outcomes for clients on time and to budget. Kassem is assertive and uses a “can-do” approach to providing strategic commercial advice and oversight with adaptability, attention to detail and a creative approach to complex problem-solving.
Kassem has practised commercial law and commercial property law for 15 years. He has represented a major Australian airline as well as major corporations, private businesses, local governments and commercial property clients in numerous significant aviation transactions. These include:
- Aviation commercial and commercial real estate advice
- Retail and commercial leasing, including airport and off-airport sites
- Commercial property sales and purchases
- Drafting commercial agreements
- Business, property purchase and internal company due diligence investigations
- General commercial advice and litigation
- Master of Aviation Industry Management - RMIT University, Melbourne
- LL.B. (Bachelor of Laws) - University of KwaZulu-Natal (South Africa)
- B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) - University of KwaZulu-Natal (South Africa)