Aviation Projects hosted our first Airport Development Conclave - a gathering of specialist airport consulting businesses, to share experiences, understand industry trends and refine our approach to serving our airport and aviation industry clients.
Key discussion points revolved around financial sustainability, commercial development opportunities and the increasing competition for airspace.
Identified industry trends for 2019/2020 included:
- New MOS Part 139 (Aerodromes)
- CASA and non-conforming situations
- Airport management outsourcing
- Flying training
- International freight
- Renewable energy
- Drones, Urban Air Mobility
- Aerodrome Certificate issued for Chinchilla Aerodrome
- Removal of SID 'protected area' at Archerfield Airport
- Ballina Byron Gateway Airport - TPEP Stage 2 funding approved
- Modernising Airspace Protection Public Consultation Paper
- JARUS releases CS-LUAS