Specialist Consultant - Airport Planning and Development
Ashley presents over 15 years of experience in airport planning and development through his various senior management roles at Port Macquarie Airport. He led the development of the Port Macquarie Airport Master Plan in 2010 and has spent the past 10 years coordinating the staged implementation of the Master Plan through numerous airside and landside infrastructure projects.
Ashley’s experience has given him a keen understanding of the drivers, pressures and local government processes associated with Council-owned regional airports. He also has a strong awareness of the importance of planning and delivering airport infrastructure that is fit for purpose and supports the potential for future growth, while being cost effective for airlines, aircraft operators, airports and their local communities.
Ashley’s commercial business management background has given him direct experience in the identification, development and negotiation of aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenue streams to support ongoing airport development and to achieve sustainable commercial, operational and customer experience outcomes.
Strengths include :
- Detailed understanding of many facets of the aviation and public sectors
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to connect with a wide variety of aviation stakeholders
- Understanding of processes associated with Council-owned regional airports
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Graduate Certificate in Public Sector Leadership (Public Sector Management program)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Highway Management and Engineering
- Associate Diploma in Civil Engineering