MBA BSc CPRM ATPL
Managing Director - Aviation Expert
Aviation Projects Managing Director and Principal Consultant and Avistra Aviation Consulting Director, Keith Tonkin, is one of the world’s leading experts, across the aviation sector.
With a Master of Business Administration (Aviation Management) Keith has a 30-year aviation industry history including flying F-111 fighter jets and Caribous with the Royal Australian Air Force, followed by a career flying internationally and domestically for Qantas. Keith is a highly sought after aviation leader.
Keith has the ability to think critically and formulate and articulate arguments based on relevant knowledge and understanding of key issues, enabling the efficient implementation of practical solutions to complex problems.
Having been involved in many airport planning and upgrade studies and provided operations and management expertise to airports around Australia and the South Pacific, Keith has a unique understanding of airport planning and operations problems.
Keith is directly engaged by law firms, government agencies and companies to deliver key evidence in environmental and development planning cases. He is also called upon to provide evidence in aviation liability matters and take part in aviation incident investigations.
Keith is an expert aviation commentator during major aviation disasters including the disappearance of MH370, the Germanwings A320 accident and most recently the crash of Metrojet A321 Flight 9268 over Egypt.
- Master of Business Administration (Aviation Management) – RMIT University
- Certified Practising Risk Manager – Risk Management Institution of Australasia
- Bachelor of Science – UNSW ADFA
- Graduate Certificate of Spatial Science Technology – University of Southern Queensland
- Advanced Diploma of Aviation (RAAF)
- CASR Part 139 approval to conduct Safety Inspections at Registered and Certain other aerodromes
- Quality/Safety Lead Auditor
- WH&S Officer (QLD), WH&S Representative (NSW) and Rehab Return to Work Coordinator (QLD)