ERM has been working with Aviation Projects for over three years on various wind farm development projects, with positive tangible results for our business and, more importantly, for our clients. The industry leading expertise, level of professionalism and meticulous attention to detail delivered by Aviation Projects are a reflection of the high standards that they set for themselves. The client’s desired outcomes are always of the highest consideration and adherence to standards and regulations are paramount.
I highly recommend Aviation Projects to any business that needs to identify and address potential aviation safety impacts in order to secure a development approval.
Jarrod has a working career almost entirely devoted to the aviation industry. In his most recent role Jarrod was an Aviation Compliance Specialist for a leading global resources company based in Perth. He provided technical oversight for all of the aviation activities in the business ensuring that aviation operations were conducted in accordance with company aviation principals (Basic Aviation Risk Standard) and legislative requirements. His scope of responsibility included operation of two company owned certified aerodromes, oversight and governance of excluded RPA, technical and commercial oversight of high-capacity charter operations as well as the management of ad-hoc/non-routine type aviation activities ranging from rotary-wing geophysical survey to corporate jet charter for Executive management.
Jarrod spent almost four years employed by an aerodrome management and consultant company based in Perth. His roles ranged from Engineering Assistant (assisting with Aerodrome Technical Inspections and major aerodrome works), aerodrome consultant (assisting aerodrome operators with safety cases, MOWP and compliance-related activities including initial Certification) and Operations Manager. This involved the operation of six service contracts to manage aerodromes throughout Australia. Jarrod led a team of Aerodrome Managers, Reporting Officers, aircraft refuellers, compliance specialists and aerodrome trainers in the delivery of aerodrome management to both mining and council-operated aerodromes, managing 25 direct reports and actively contributing to company business development opportunities.
Jarrod enjoys when working with organisations to identify improvements and efficiencies in their business, and facilitating safe and effective pathways within the legislative framework to enhance aviation operations.
Particular strengths include :
- Detailed understanding of many facets of the aviation sector
- Exceptional communication skills, specifically the ability to connect with a wide variety of stakeholders from airline Head of Flight Operations to regulatory personnel and front-line operational staff
- Strong technical and business-style writing
- Ability to simultaneously manage a wide variety of projects
- PANS-OPS (Procedures for Air Navigation Service Operations) Awareness
- Aviation Coordinator Course – Flight Safety Foundation
- ICAM Lead Investigator
- Integrated Management Systems Lead Auditor
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Aerodrome Reporting/Works Safety Officer
- Commercial Pilot License
- Studied Bachelor of Science (Aviation) – Edith Cowan University (Incomplete pending Instrument Rating)