In early 2023, Aviation Projects was engaged by the Shire of Collie to assist with the development of the Collie Airfield Master Plan. Collie Airfield is located near the eastern edge of the Collie townsite and approximately 159 km south-southeast of Perth city, in the South-West region of Western Australia.
Collie Airfield is currently an uncertified aerodrome which facilitates aeromedical and aerial firefighting operations as well as private, recreational and flight training aircraft, with a local aero club based at the aerodrome.
The purpose of the Master Plan is to:
- Facilitate the progressive development of the airfield
- Inform decision-making on new works
- Identify options and opportunities for investment – enabling the introduction of commercial activity
- Facilitate increased levels of service appropriate to the role and function of the Collie Airfield; and
- Optimise aviation opportunities/initiatives.
The draft Collie Airfield Master Plan was endorsed for advertising for public comment by Council on 12 December 2023 and will remain open until 29 February 2024. More information on submitting public comment can be found here.
At Aviation Projects, we provide trusted advice about airport planning, development and operations and aerodrome safeguarding. Contact us today.
- Expert commentary on air turbulence
- Aerodrome Certificate issued for Chinchilla Aerodrome
- B747-800F arrives at Wellcamp Airport
- Removal of SID 'protected area' at Archerfield Airport
- Aerodrome Safeguarding Masterclass I