Ballina Byron Gateway Airport has been successful in securing $4.5 million dollars from the Restart NSW Regional Tourism Infrastructure Fund, for the terminal and landside part of the Terminal Precinct Expansion Project.
Aviation Projects assisted in securing this funding by preparing the business case and associated risk management plan for the project, after successfully securing funding for airside aspects in December 2015.
BBGA is a standout Australian regional airport and thoroughly deserves the opportunities that this funding will bring to the region.
Aviation Projects has a made a habit of working on successful funding applications. Some of our more notable achievements are listed below:
- Busselton-Margaret River Airport Expansion ($55.9 million, WA Government, 2015)
- Ballina Byron Gateway Airport TPEP Stage 1 ($2.2 million, NSW RTIF, 2015)
- Narrabri Airport Upgrade ($6 million, NSW Resources for Regions, 2014)
- Clarence Valley Regional Airport Upgrade ($1.06 million, RDAF Round 4, 2013)
- Emerald Airport Apron Extension ($5 million, RDAF Round 2, 2012)
- Ballina Byron Gateway Airport Apron Expansion ($3.5 million, RDAF Round 1, 2011)
- Aerodrome Certificate issued for Chinchilla Aerodrome
- B747-800F arrives at Wellcamp Airport
- Removal of SID 'protected area' at Archerfield Airport
- Feedback invited on Boonah Airfield Operational Risk Review
- A day in GA heartland